Never heard of Julian of Norwich? If not, you may be in a large group. Born in the mid 1300’s, she is obscure to most of our conversations on leadership. Learn what it was about Julian’s life that so inspired and challenged Lauren in this third installment of her time with us.
- Reach Lauren at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Find out more about the little book about Julian of Norwich that inspired / challenged Lauren here: I Promise You a Crown: A 40-Day Journey in the Company of Julian of Norwich (Rekindling the Inner Fire) by Marks Bookmarks
- Learn more: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1556616066/
Lauren Roth recently joined us for a short series on Leadership. You’ll do yourself a favor if you listen, all three installments, btw. First one – Click here for that. And also if you read this blog. Her complete blog here.
After reading through all the Gospels and their different accounts of the Resurrection, I have been struck by two things:
Continue reading “Allowing the Resurrected Jesus to Lead (Guest Post)”
- How everyone who encountered Jesus’ resurrected body either didn’t recognize him or doubted him.
- That Mary Magdalene was there at the Crucifixion, was present as Joseph of Arimathea buried Jesus in his personal tomb and was present on the Resurrection day. She was also the first person to see Jesus in His resurrected body.
Mary Magdalene is a polarizing figure, from the time she first makes an appearance in the gospels. Demonic, wayward soul, etc., etc.. That is certainly part of her story, as it is part of ours. But after having been delivered by Jesus, she went forward to set a clear example, as a woman, as a follower, and as an ambassador of the resurrection of Jesus!
Learn more as to how her relational closeness to Jesus informed her example in this session.
For more information on Lauren or ACCI, have a look at www.adventive.ca
Lauren Roth, International Director of ACCI, joins us for session one of three sessions, explaining her perspective and philosophy of spiritual leadership.
- Does spirituality increase or diminish our leadership capacity?
- How has it informed or changed Lauren’s leadership style and approach?
Join us as Lauren sits in for us from Ottawa, Canada, and shares her first session, which is an intro to two profiles sessions where she will share some who have influenced her approach, and strengthened her as a leader!